Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Teeda House, here we come!!


I am proud to annouce that as of today, I am an official resident of Okinawa City, Japan! We're moving into an awesome little place called the Teeda House. It's deceiving from the outside, but it's totally awesome inside. Teeda, I was told, is Japanses for "sunshine," which is appropriate seeing as the house is a pale yellow color. It's got awesome hardwood floors through the entire place, two levels, and a huge shed and yard. It's pretty flippin' sweet! It even comes with Shisa!! I'll post about Shisa later, but trust me, they are cool!

Today we went to the housing agency and signed our lease and handed over a huge wad of cash. For some reason, the Japanese like to deal with cash and not checks. It felt weird handing over like 5 grand in yen, but no worries, I took a pic to commemorate the moment. I looked like a pimp fanning out all the dinero!!

So we got our keys and we're gonna move in on Friday. The place is a total fishbowl and it's gonna cost a fortune to put curtains up... ugh, I sound like such an adult. The kid part of me is totally excited that there is an old toilet down the street that I am gonna steal and put flowers in by the front gate, haha! For our family, having a crapper on our porch is no big thing... you'll have to ask the parents about the comode at the camper, haha!

Anyway, that's all I have to report about the house for now. Once I ask Sarah how the hell I get pics in the middle of my post, I'll include more, but for some reason this blog site hates me and I can't make it do what I want... grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment