Monday, June 22, 2009

Gettin' Curry'd Away!!





So let me just say this, who'd a thought that the Japanese would not only rock at Sushi, but they have completely taken the gold as far as their Curry goes as well!!

There is a place here called Coco Ichibanas, and I am convinced that it means "Crack-infused Curry" because once you eat here the first time, you're addicted.

The place is pretty cool. It has a very Waffle House type of atmosphere, but all the people speak Japanese, not Southern twang, and I'm pretty sure they all have a full set of teeth. And yes, I am allowed to say that because I devoted two and a half years of my life to living amongst the southerners of Mississippi and I know for a fact that this stereotype is 100% true... but I digress.

So yeah, when you walk into this place, much like the waffle house, they scream "Irrishimasen" which means "Welcome!!!" You sit at a diner-type booth or the counter, and to mplace your order you have to press a little bell on your table-top that chimes through the whole resturant and they all start yelling again, which I guess is to let you know they heard you and will be right over.

This place has a random smattering of all kinds of foods from salads, fried items, Naan bread, curries, etc. There's somethign for everyone! You can pick your hotness level on a Mild (0) level all the way to 10! I can't even eat a one without breaking a sweat, and Mike can just now do a level 3. It's intense, but oh so yummy.

The plate up top is what I usually get. It's a chicken cutlet (fried chicken patty) mild with spinach. It's so good that just looking at it makes me want to get into my car and drive there for dinner. OH MY GOD!!

The other pics are the outside of the resturant, some funny English translation (Granted vs. Grated), and a pic of the menu that's all in Kanjo so you can see how crazy trying to read their menu is.

I know I say this a lot in my posts, but if you come ot visit, you WILL be going here with us! So yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment