Monday, June 22, 2009

I'll have the Pancakes and Potato Salad, please!





So I know I post a lot about food on this blog, and I have to apologize because we really don't eat out that often. It's just that when we do go out and eat, it's so amazing I feel I really need to share it.

So this place, Coffee Casa, has sorta become a weekend thing for us and the Gregory family lately. It's just a short walk up from the Sea Wall near their house. Obviously from the pics, you can tell they have a cute little outside deck, which is all great and dandy when it's not 93 degrees with 100% humidity like the day I took this pic. Thank goodness it was cool inside.

So anyway, if you read my other post and saw the pic of the HUGE iced banana mocha, this place is where it came from. They have superb coffee drinks, homemade pastries and breads, lunch items, etc. I've had b-fast and lunch here, and it's awesome! A little pricey, but totally worth it.

The plate I got last time we went was the banana pancakes, and if you look real closely, you will see the top pancake is cut out like a heart... but I think they only do the girls' food like that because Mike never gets hearts and I always do :-)

Anywho, the reason for the name of this post is because on their breakfast plates with the works, you also get this little tiny blob of the most fantastic potato salad I think I have ever had, minus Sandy's Deli, of course! But it really is quite good... just an odd addition to b-fast, right?

Random pic of Mike included on the top with his... "I was at Air Force Jamboree all week eating MRE's... give me FOOD!!" face.... haha.

Another must visit place on the island, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment