Sunday, July 26, 2009

Underwater: Take Two!!






Ok so I know these aren't the best pictures in the world, but for the record, this day was super choppy out and the water was a bit murky, plus, my camera is a cheapy so I am glad I can get this much with it!

The first pic on top is a Bat Fish. The thing was seriously HUGE! It's body must have been bigger top to bottom than a basketball... and for all of you who know how much I dislike sea beasties, for me to get this close to this fish was a huge step in my overcoming of the underwater sea beasty fear!! It was like right up in my face going, "What's up, you got some food or what?" Literally, it was looking at my fingers like they were snacks, I kid you not! Scary fishy...

Next up are my faves, the clow fishies... they are a riot. I think I mentioned before that they are super protective of their little anemonea homes and will swim right up to your face and make little disgruntal facial expressions at you. They are very easily readable little fish, if that even sounds possible! They are ticked, and you know it, so don't mess with them!

Next up is a little hard to tell... this fish looked like a corpse, literally! He was all white with big black circles all around his weird grey eyes and had a black tail. I only got his body when he tured around, but to see him, I thought I was looking at a fish ghost... very scary little dude. Needless to say I didn't wait around for him to make a re-appearance... I felt cold looking into his eyes.... bleck...

Next up, if you look real close, is a pretty monster-sized lion fish. If you know anything about them, they are apparently pretty feared in the ocean community, if you want to eat them anyway. They have huge fins everywhere with venom-filled barbs on the tips. They chill out near the ocean floor or in caves and generally mind their own business, but I wouldn't tick them off. They aren't poisonous to us, but the barb is really painful I hear... they are everywhere around Oki!

Ok... so here are more clown fish! Yay! I just can't help it, they are so fun and colorful under the water you could just waste a whole tank of air just watching them! So cute! This last guy is called a Tomato Clow Fish because he's a darker reddish-orange and he only has one white stripe. I like these guys the best because they are bigger and really will come after you if you get in their bubble, which I always do to get the pics, haha! Poor fish... I am such a menace...

So that's all for now, we didn't dive this weekend due to crappy sea conditions here. The solar eclipse we had on wed. really messed things up as far as the ocean was concerned... wacky tides, huge surf, etc... so more pics to come maybe next week!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the pics. can't wait to get there luv pa

    ReplyDelete