Saturday, October 3, 2009

Oktoberfest... AKA... You're gonna be hung over-fest!



So Friday night was the famous "Oktoberfest" at Butler's Officer's Club... and let me tell you, all the stories I heard about this bing one heck of a party were totally true!! The Marines know how to put on a fiesta! This is us, obviously, shortly into the night when I only had a couple of lovely draft Pilsners in me...



The fest came complete with German goodies for the mouth and for the eyes... check out those suspenders ladies! Ya know, it's not the size of the horn that matters, it's if he knows how ot use it... and boy did he! This polka band was amazing, the say Highway to Hell, the Chicken Dance, and even a Prince cover! They had the ladies so wound up, one actually got up on stage, grabbed one of the guys suspenders, and shimmied up and down him like he was some kind of stripper pole... boy did he ever blush... and in his super cute little German accent he yells out, "Oh Jesus!!!" Too funny...



Mike is looking very guilty here... what number biru are you on, sir? You're supposed to be our DD!!



Left to right... David Wilder, our fearless Lt. Col. of the 718 Squadron, Sarah is in the front, Phil is totally wasted in the back, and David's wife Jennifer is on the right... what a crew we have! Not sure why Sarah is scowling though, perhaps her beer stein have runeth empty? Either way, I still love her!!

So anyway, the party was a total blast! They had very yummy German food, the music was very catchy and fun to dance to, Phil almost got into a fist-fight with some old guy with a ponytail about his missing mug, and I got exceptionally tipsy! I'm not normally a big drinker, so a few beers in me and all of a sudden I was all like, "KOMPAI!!!" which is Japanese for "Cheers!"

So on the way home, I start to hiccup... I get into a deep philosophical conversation (that I don't remember) with Mike about why we need to hiccup, why beer makes us so drunk, and then I proceeded to come home, tried to sleep but I got the spins, and when Mike tried to snuggle with me, I had already passed out cold, and I'm not talking about snoring passed out, I mean literally was close to death kind of passing out where you wake up the net morning wondering how you got home and in bed kind of passing out... not pretty. I don't recover like I used to... needless to say, but 3pm today I was finally able to get up and out of the house. It was ugly... I have some video of this evening I will have to post to really put us all to shame!

Ah... I love Okinawa!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like it was a great time! When you gonna come home and visit? We miss you! JS

    ReplyDelete