Friday, October 9, 2009

Sea Beasties from the Not-So-Deep...



So here's Phil looking as dapper as you can while under water. He hurried and got her certification before the winter months got here and our water dropped to a whole 70 degres versus 90 like they have been most of the summer. I bailed out on the last dive to give the guys some "man time."


Of course, the day I don't go Mike and Phil see a Moray Eel while out at the North Steps... go figure.


He looks pretty angry... I'm kinda glad I wasn't there. They said the pic made him look a lot bigger than what he really was, but I'm pretty sure I would have swam away as fast as possible...



Yuck... gross little sea beastie. This is exactly why I wear a thick wet suit even though the water is still warm. The guys were only about 40-50 ft. deep at this point... and I am sure the deeper you go, the scrarier the critters...

My dad just told me this week he's gonna hurry and get scuba certified before he comes out to visit, so I hope he gets to see some cool stuff like this!! And to Shepp, I bet you don't see these in the Great Lakes... feel free to come out here any time if you want to do some real diving, my friend, haha! Love ya John!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: