Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Japanese "Squatty Potty"


Ah... a quick and humorous post... the illusive Japanese Squatty Potties. No folks, this is no urnal. I was in the ladies restroom at the mall of all places and these was one of my potty options. People probably thought I was some perv taking pics in the bathroom, but I couldn't resist not being able to show all of you its true glory.
I was reading once a while back about the correct way to poop... and please don't ask why I was reading this, I just was. Anywho, apparently the correct way to poop is not to sit and we lazy Americans would think, but rather to squat like a dog would, all hunched over but standing none the less. Apparently the popular for of using the restroom here is also to squat. I have yet to try one out because most places give you the option if you want to sit or squat, but it does provide a little humor to my blog, don't you think?
I just pray I don't come to a situation where it's... all or squat, hehe.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I have seen it all now, you must get strong legs on that squatty potty! Is there any water in it? Deb & Ben

    ReplyDelete