Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quick Thought... Why being a military family is like being a welfare family...

Ok, so I was in my towel this morning thinking to myself... hmm... I wonder if Mike gets paid this week because we have a few things around the house we could use and I really need to do some major grocery shopping... then it hit me. "Oh my God!" I thought, "It's like we're on welfare!" and I will tell you exactly why...

1. The military pays for our house.
2. They pay for our utilities.
3. They pay for our groceries.
4. They provide us with full medical and dental.
5. They encourage you to have a family and then do everything in their power to support them through free daycare and WIC programs, that's right... GOVERNMENT CHEESE!!
6. When you get married and have kids, all that money the gave you before goes up!
7. Once you're in the military, it's hard to get you out because of said monies!

I'm sure there are other reasons too, but these are the ones that came to my mind immediately. Feel free to add to the list... I thought this quite humorous!

Ok, that's all I have to say about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment