Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wajee Look-out... or as I like to call it, Wajee look out below!!







So our next little stop off, or should I say, drop off, was to Wajee look-out. This place was WINDY! Woo Hoo! Some lady was wearing hoop earings and the wind was whipping so hard it actually caught both hoops and yanked them out of her ears, true story! We were like 100+ feet up this cliff... so yeah, it was a tad breezy.
The first pic I must say it not very interesting, but apparently it's kind of a big deal in Japan, as much as Ron Burgandy is in San Diego, if you get my drift. For all of you who have no idea what that meant, shame on you! Go rent Anchor Man with Will Ferell immediately! Sorry, sidetracked... anyway, apparently this spot signifies it was the inspiration of some super important traditional Japanese folklore songy thingy... I dunno... I can't read in this country so I have no idea what song, who sang it, blah blah.
Anywho, it was gorgeous here. I put a pic up of just the water, because there is no word in my vocabulary that seems a fit enough adjective to perfectly describe this blue... it was just stunning... and yes, I said stunning...
This was a quick little stop, but impressive none-the-less.

2 comments:

  1. This must of been a beautiful ride. In your pics i can see the road on the side of the cliff! wow! Do they have beaches , calm beaches? deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. On one side of the island it's all cliffs, but the other has beautiful sandy beaches. he cool thing is you can pop a tent anywhere on the island that's not posted private, so you can camp anywhere along the beaches you want! On this island, they have a resort called the YYY, and you can go there and swim with the dolphins for 20 minutes for like 40 bucks!

    ReplyDelete